Sunday, January 27, 2008

No poofy stuff please, thank you!

I never was into the whole studio dress up in outlandish costumes stand in weird embaressing poses photo thing. I cannot imagine Aji and I dolled up, seated on huge chairs pretending like we want to document looking like a pair of goons getting hitched in the Victorian days. Worst still, with the digital imaging the studios tend to do now, they might just place that shot in the middle of the clouds somewhere. And then pay an exorbitant amount for it.

What we do want, is a good photographer to capture moments during the event itself, when we're not made to look into each other eyes, but actually are because we want to.

BUT, I realised that, as most things go, sometimes you need to do things to make other people happy. And I know for a fact that our parents would love to have those shots of us, to frame and hang in the living rooms and to tell everyone who visits about it. And I also know most of the times the folks are right, so when they say we'd look back and be glad we did this they probably know what they're talking about. So i guess we could meet them halfway and find a reasonable package which would allow us to maybe, dictate the kind of shots we want and create a not so corny album ( I'm hoping thats not too much to ask).

So a visiting I went today, to bridal houses. And man! these packages really cost a whole lot of good money! And all of them seem to think its so cool to make the couple stand in silly poses and place them on even sillier backgrounds. Complaining aside, i had a slight, just a slight change of heart in taking studio shots as I walked around and saw the happy faces of my mom and cousins and also, the happy faces on the mega huge framed shots on display. Funny how pics of complete strangers running through a padi field in wedding attire made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. So now, I'm on the hunt for a reasonable package, which wouldn't dress/make me up like a geisha and allow me to say how I want the photos taken.

I also, tried on some wedding dresses and evening gowns. I learnt a few things. One, that my breasts were too big to fit ANY of the many dresses i put on. Two, my mother tries very hard to let me wear the styles I want and to cover it up some (why don't you try a coatie over that dress ah), Three, sales women at bridal houses should absolutely not tell customers to start slimming down (hmph!) and Four, no poofy stuff for me please, I am not into the cinderella come hide under my dress thing.

Who knew trying on dresses could be such an event. My cousins and mom had a ball, picking stuff out for me and watching me parade dresses that were too long and too small at the chest, and giggling about how wonderful weddings are. As giddy as it makes me sound, I am a bit more excited about this now, and I think i've finally decided on the kind of dress I want to wear for the dinner.

So as of now I have
  1. venue confirmed
  2. date confirmed
  3. door gifts bought
  4. guest list semi confirmed
  5. idea for dress taking form
  6. groom confirmed

Progress, we are making!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...glad you having a wonderful time planning your wedding. It's a once in a lifetime thing and enjoy it all the way through....

Happy for you..!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when's the wedding?

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

june 21st. this year.

Aji

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home