Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Really..

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it a norm for people to smile in photos? Seriously, its not really common practice to take 'kodak' moments of people crying or sulking or feeling like life is in the pits isn't it..

Why do people keep finding the need to tell me how good it is to see me smiling in my photos? Do you really think its encouraging, or comforting?

It's just as bad as saying 'i know what you're going through' because you fucking don't..

Is it really such a big deal that i choose not to sit at home in a dark corner and cry my eyes out, or walk the classic stereotype of a broken hearted girl?

I wish people would stop telling me how brave I am, or how strong I am, or how happy I look...

There are those of you who really can make me smile, and that I love you for, and wish I had more of you..and I love even more how you don't keep telling me that i'm smiling..

But those of you who come out of nowhere..and think you're being concerned or supportive, stop it. Because you just don't know. And it hurts even more every time you think you're helping.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it me? Did i say that??? :( im not sure... if i did. im sorry... (if i did)

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true. No one except you would know how hurtful you must have felt. And they should not try to pretend that they do.

But having said that, try to consider that people have different ways of reaching out and showing their support for you. They may not have the right words or say it at the right time. It may be the last thing you want to hear. But the last time I heard, it's the thought that counts. So many people don't have that kind of warm support that you do at times like this. But you do. It's surprising how you can be harsh to those who cannot be as eloquent or tactful as you.

They may not understand your hurt but they don't deserve to be told off for trying...

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All considered and thoroughly debated. And the thought only counts if you're someone who really knows me or has at least been a part of my life for the past year. If you suddenly show up from the shadows and pretend to know what i'm going through, save it.

I appreciate the warm support, and i am thankful for it to a point where no words can explain. Only when its genuine. It's got nothing to do with eloquence or tact, or with trying, its patronizing.

And what is so surprising? Isn't harshness the usual response to the lack of eloquence or tact? Sarcasm doesn't benefit you =]

- Annu

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither does it benefit you.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home